Hydroponic gardens are the future. If you are thinking about starting one, stop thinking and start doing. It is a minimal home garden that will let you grow healthy, fresh, and pesticide and insecticide-free foods. Now, you might be wondering what are the best herbs to grow indoors? But rather, you should be thinking of what you can grow in a hydroponic garden because there are many things.
Here are all the foods you can grow in a hydroponic garden:
Herbs – These are the foremost and easiest thing to grow in a hydroponic garden. Herbs are an amazing food that add flavour to your cooking, increases nutritional value, and even serve as garnishing. You can grow the following herbs in a hydroponic garden:
- Basil – Cooking Italian? Can’t do that without a dash of basil. Just a few leaves and your dish will be elevated.
- Rosemary – Your meats will reach a whole new level of flavour with rosemary. Grow this and take your cooking to the next level.
- Stevia – Trying to give up or cut down sugar? Then start growing Stevia in your hydroponic garden and enjoy the natural sweetener.
Vegetable – Hydroponic systems are also perfect for growing vegetables. These systems can help you grow a wide variety of nutritious vegetables that can make you completely self-sufficient. Most health experts have said we need more vegetables in our diet, so you should start growing your vegetables, especially if you are vegetarian or vegan. Here are the vegetables you can grow in the hydroponic garden:
- Lettuce – Fibre, nutrition, and flavour, lettuce can be used in a variety of ways, but the most popular way is in a salad. Now, you can have a salad every day and get healthy.
- Tomatoes – Though tomatoes technically are a fruit, here we have classified them as vegetables as they are used in cooking. Nothing’s tastier than homegrown tomatoes.
- Bell Peppers – Bell peppers are quite versatile. They can really elevate a dish. They can be cooked, grilled, or even fried; each cooking method brings out a different flavour profile. Imagine having this vegetable always available.
- Spinach – Get in touch with your inner Popeye and have spinach on hand. Make delicious spinach omelettes or add it to your meat dishes, this iron-rich leafy vegetable will also add a lot of fibre to your food.
Fruits – The hydroponic growing system can also be used for growing fruit. Fruits are some of the most nutritious, delicious, and expensive food items. Now, if you grow fruits at home, just imagine the healthy strides and savings you’ll be making. Here are the fruits you can grow in the hydroponic garden:
- Strawberries – High on flavour but low on sugar, strawberries are some of the healthiest fruits to grow in your room. Cakes, shakes, smoothies, and desserts, there’s so much you can do with this fruit.
- Blueberries – Another fruit that is very tasty but not too sweet. Blueberries are fast gaining a lot of popularity thanks to their great flavour and nutritional value. It is also a great flavouring agent for cakes, shakes, smoothies, and other desserts.
- Raspberries – A bowl of delicious raspberries is a great way to start your day. They contain manganese, potassium, and omega-3 fatty acids which are important to protect your heart and boost its function. So, grow raspberries and become heart-healthy.
With so many herbs, vegetables, and fruits that you can grow at home, you simply have to invest in a hydroponic kit if you are serious about your health. You can start with Eponic’s indoor herb garden kits. Start with Mini farm, and then go up to Little Farm. Both these products are also excellent for school to teach children about growing your own food. So, start growing the above-mentioned herbs, vegetables, and fruits and start living healthy.